The American Marconi Foundation is a non-profit education and research organization dedicated to the continuation of the work of Nikola Tesla, Oliver Heaviside, Proteus Steinmetz, Ernst Alexanderson and all the others that contributed to the advancement of electrical engineering. In particular, the study of electrical engineering with regards to the development of the New Brunswick and Bolinas radio frequency electrical substations and future technologies latent in their design.
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
In 1971, Frank Spicer - station engineer, Ivan Neilson - machinist, Jim Bourne - outside-plant foreman and Eric Dollard - engineering apprentice, who were all part of the crew at the Bolinas site, created an organization to continue operations and to advance the technology. They received from R.C.A the necessary station infrastructure for this purpose and the Marconi Power House was selected as a laboratory site.

This was the beginning of what is now the American Marconi Foundation, built out of the remains of R.C.A.

The American Marconi Foundation was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 2008.
The Bolinas Power House was constructed in 1913 by the American Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company and received the call letters KET. In 1917 the U.S. Department of the Navy took control of KET and installed the Alexanderson System. Guglielmo Marconi was found unsuited for future station operation by the American Marconi Company due to his status as a foreigner. Therefore the Navy Department converted American Marconi into The Radio Corporation in 1919. By 1930 David Sarnoff developed The Radio Corporation of the U.S. Navy into the now famous Radio Corporation of America, which became to be known as R.C.A. The death of David Sarnoff in 1971 spelled the impending demise of R.C.A.
blocks_image
The merger of General Electric with Marconi Wireless and the resulting Radio Corporation of America required a consortium of additional large companies to build a patent pool and make it's business competitive. This involved American Telephone & Telegraph Co. (AT&T) and Westing House Electric Company, who were both involved in wireless at the time. AT&T held the Lee Deforest patents and Westinghouse held the Tesla and Armstrong patents. These patents led to major advances in electrical and electronic engineering.
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
blocks_image
[Sleeker_special_clear]